I made this rifle for someone who wanted to start a mass effect prop collection of sorts. As such, they gave me discretion to choose which rifle from the Mass Effect universe that I wanted to do. I chose the Mattock, and wanted to stay as close to the concept art as possible. I chose it because it is arguably the most complicated rifle in the mass effect universe that still looks like it was made by human hands. I like a challenge. And headaches, apparently.
Here we are:
Layering the foregrip.
Working the layers of the grip before laminating them together:
Panel line after Panel line.
Okay, I'll admit. There's a little bit of plastic in here.
Reinforced trigger guard
A little more plastic....Those triangular cuts are not in the game model, but I felt compelled to make them since they are on the concept art.
Scope housing. Kind of a pain.
All primered up and complete, minus grip grooves and small details.
This part was hand carved with a dremel. Had to make the other side identical too.
Installed, filling the seams.
Purdy. I love the results of filler primer.
I'm just teasing you guys with this picture.
Kabam! I'm back to being my own photographer again. I think its an improvement over my M-29 shots, which I did myself. You be the judge.
The logo was made by cutting out a polystyrene stencil, spraying over it, and cleaning it up.
Now if I could only make time to actually play the game...Hmm.
Thanks for looking!